COVID-19 restrictions in Ireland
Changes to COVID-19 restrictions in June, July and August
On 28 May 2021, the Government announced a further easing of restrictions for June, July and August.
From 2 June 2021:
- Hotels and bed and breakfasts, self-catering and hostels can reopen services for overnight guests only.
From 7 June 2021:
- Wedding receptions can have up to 25 people in attendance
From 5 July 2021:
- You can have visitors to your home from up to 3 other households
- Restaurants and bars can reopen for indoor service
- Wedding receptions can have up to 50 people attend
From 19 July 2021:
- From 19 July, subject to the prevailing public health advice, Ireland will start to use the EU Digital COVID Certificate for travel within the EU/EEA.
From August 2021
Depending on public health advice, further lifting of restrictions will take place including:
- Wedding receptions and other celebrations can have up to 100 people attend