Dunmore House Hotel
Dunmore house hotel is one of West Cork’s best wedding venues due to it’s location, style and family run ethos that dates back generations.
- Where is it? Clonakilty Bay
- What is it? Family owned and managed 4 star hotel, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean on the Wild Atlantic Way.
- Licensed for civil ceremonies? Yes, indoor and outdoor locations including the Ocean Suite, Sea Terrace, Cliff and Organic Gardens.
- Capacity? From intimate ceremonies to larger celebrations up to 280 people.
- Perfect for? Specials days – Dunmore’s family looking after yours!
- Makes me think of: Open expanse of Atlantic ocean views, generations of gatherings from christenings, birthdays, weddings, anniversaries and every other big hallmark family occasion.
Situated on the shores of Clonakilty Bay, Dunmore House is a West Cork wedding venue that’s the result of pure love. It’s a fourth-generation, family-run business that prides itself on taking care of you, as if you were family. Carol and Richard, Peter, Anne-Marie & Miriam work alongside their team to make sure that everyone who enters feels like they’ve come home.
Within a stone’s throw of Clonakilty, the hotel nestles upon a peninsula that gives spectacular views over the bay, no matter the weather. The interior is an immaculate blend of modern country house feel.
I can’t mention Dunmore House and not speak of the food. As anyone who knows me will testify, I love organic locally-sourced produce, so Dunmore House wins gold-stars. The food is always delicious and plentiful. Much of the food on the menu comes from their Organic Kitchen Garden, which means that a wedding at Dunmore House benefits from a unique farm to fork dining experience.
One of the fab things about Dunmore House is the private bay which I love to make a tour of with my wedding couples. Watching the sunset on the eve of your first day as a married couple from sea-level across the endless expanse of Atlantic Ocean means more than epic photos; you get epic memories, too.