Fernhill House Hotel and Gardens
- Where is it? Clonakilty
- What is it? Family run large country house and gardens hotel
- Licenced for civil ceremonies? Yes, beautiful outside pagoda and all year round marquee.
- Capacity: Up to 300 guests
- Perfect for: large family weddings, all onsite weddings & garden ceremonies.
- Makes me think of: Large weddings with lots of high spirits, manicured gardens, garden party and country house.
Some wedding venues keep picking up awards, and Fernhill House Hotel and Gardens is one such well-deserving West Cork wedding venue. Perhaps it’s the sumptuous grounds, the decades of experience of hosting weddings and delivering quality customer-service or… There are many special qualities to Fernhill that establish its reputation within the West Cork wedding scene, but when I talk to my couples they tend to say they love the gardens, the marquee and the fact that it’s all contained onsite.
Fernhill House is a Georgian Manor house that has been cared for by the O’Neill family for four generations. Set amongst acres of picturesque gardens, it has stunning views of the beautiful West Cork countryside and oodles of space for your exterior marquee drinks reception, civil ceremony, and photographs in the landscaped gardens that include a waterfall. The food is always a winner here, too.
The reason why I love Fernhill House Hotel is the little details that give it such character, like Michael O’Neill Snr who enjoys driving people from the main hotel down to the gardens and marquee in the resident golf buggy. You know you can always have a giggle with Michael and get a lift back up again, too, which is perfect if you want to save your energy (and feet) for the first dance.