Inchydoney Island Lodge and Spa
- Where is it? Clonakilty
- What is it? Four Star Luxury Hotel overlooking the Atlantic Ocean on the rugged West Cork coastline.
- Licenced for civil ceremonies? yes, on the amphitheatre and inside
- Capacity: The Inchydoney Room can host 2- 250 people.
- Perfect for: Beach and Sea Lovers, Food Enthusiasts, those wishing to wed outdoors with the dramatic coastline as a backdrop.
- Makes me think of: The Seaside, Wild Atlantic Waves, Great Local Food, Wonderful Local Friendly Staff
Four-star Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa is located close to the colourful heritage town of Clonakilty in West Cork. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean & two Blue Flag beaches, this multi-award winning hotel and spa delivers polish and consistently high-standards to generations of local families who return to celebrate their love-union, for good reason.
Firstly, and let’s be honest, planning a wedding is stressful, so when your big day arrives, you deserve to have a spa and trained therapists cater to your needs. Your weddings guests will appreciate it, too, so if not for yourself, then…! But it’s not only the spa that’s stand-out.
The amphitheatre in front of the hotel is a great space to hold an outside wedding ceremony, with the views on both sides of the pristine beaches it definitely has the acres of big sky wow effect. Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa have the luxury of golden sands of the beach on both sides, perfect for epic wedding photographs. If you’re not inclined to get sandy toes, you’ll gain equally awesome photographs from the cliff-edge.
Speaking of photographs, can your wedding photographer steal you away for a few minutes? You won’t be sorry, as Clonakilty has some colourful fun pubs, like De Barras and Scannells – which add texture to your wedding story (and you can still enjoy a sneaky glass).
The reason I love photographing weddings at Inchydoney? It’s got to be the beaches, the dunes, the bright reception area and sunsets over the amphitheatre and cliffs.