Liss Ard Estate
- Where is it? Skibbereen
- What is it? Georgian style house
- Licenced for civil ceremonies? Yes, inside and outside underneath the beautiful elm tree.
- Capacity: 2-150 inside the main house and up to 300 if a marquee is required in the walled garden.
- Perfect for: Medium large weddings, intimate gatherings & seclusion.
- Makes me think of: The beautiful lake and meandering walks around the grounds, the smell of woodland moss and apples, the James Turrell’s Sky Garden and contemporary dining.
Liss Ard Estate on the outskirts of Skibbereen is a place close to my heart, especially as I lived within an old gate lodge just five minutes walk away. This is one Georgian country house estate that stands out, not least because managers Mags and Aidan do more than you could imagine to make your day and weekend one of the best days of your life.
Set amidst 163 acres of mature broadleaf woodland with a private lake, as you enter Liss Ard Estate driveway you are immersed in an ancient woodland and it becomes your own private wonderland. Then there’s the main house. When you book Liss Ard Estate, it’s not only the wonderful modern fresh feel of the main house that becomes yours. So, too, do the walled garden, the victorian lake lodge that overlooks Lough Abisdealy and the magic of James Turrell’s Sky Garden.
When it comes to your wedding meal, the chefs at Liss Ard Estate are constantly upping their game with inventive dishes to satisfy even the most discerning of palates.
I love shooting here, not just because it feels like it’s your private house for the weekend but the wide selection of photo opportunities is staggering – and breathtaking. It seriously feels like it is your place! And what a place to have a party.