Bantry House and gardens
- Where is it? Bantry, West Cork
- What is it? A stately home
- Licenced for civil ceremonies? Yes.
- Capacity: 100
- Perfect for: Elopements, small intimate ceremonies and vintage feel weddings.
- Makes me think of: Antiques, walled gardens, losing my breath after climbing to the top of the steps, and period dramas.
Oh Bantry House, standing in your gardens and looking across Bantry Bay never fails to create an expansive feeling of wonder and legacy. As newlyweds stand before this 18th Century House that has seen so much, it becomes a part of your history, too.
Bantry House and Gardens is a stately home situated on the Wild Atlantic Way and overlooks Bantry Bay in the south west of Ireland. It has been home to the White family since 1739 and houses an important private collection of antique furniture and objects of art which lend your wedding photographs a classic quality.
Having a wedding at Bantry is not only luxurious, with a stately atmosphere, but also opulent. When I photograph a wedding here, I love playing with the architecture, the walled gardens, which are so rich and abundant. Then, there’s the time in your day when you climb the steps to the top of the estate and look back over the house and bay. This moment takes your breath away (not least because of the climb!) and it belongs to you. What I love about Bantry House is that no matter the weather or light quality, everywhere you turn you discover another photo opportunity.