- Where is it? Durrus, West Cork,
- What is it? Georgian home
- Licenced for civil ceremonies? Yes
- Capacity: 100
- Perfect for: Informal good times and five-star service, switching off your mobile phone and getting back to nature.
- Makes me think of: Getting away from traditional weddings, seclusion and smaller intimate gatherings
Blairscove House embodies West Cork and delivers understated charm in surroundings so beautiful that you and your wedding party can relinquish yourselves of hurlyburly and surrender to the tranquility of the Wild Atlantic Way. Situated on the picturesque inlet of Dunmanus Bay, your wedding day couldn’t be in better hands, as you’ll be personally looked after by a member of the family that’s owned Blairscove for three generations. The emphasis at Blairscove is delivering top-quality service, five-star catering, and an informal, relaxed atmosphere. On fine days, your wedding reception will take place in the courtyard of the Georgian Blairscove house, which is ideal for drinks receptions. The landscaped gardens and the backdrop of Dunmanus Bay are ideal for wedding photography, especially with dramatic skyscapes at the golden hour.
From experience, weddings celebrated here are informal events with an emphasis on good food and good times. Blairscove gifts your wedding party beautiful, low-key surroundings that help everyone concentrate on the finer things, like celebrating your wedding union.